S&P Global Senior Analyst, Index Development in China
The Team: The Index Development Team, a part of Index Management & Production Group (IMPG), is responsible for developing series of S&P and Dow Jones branded global indices with a focus on equities.
The Impact: The analyst is responsible for developing the indices, overseeing essential data collection, verifying that the calculation procedures and methodology are implemented correctly, and passing the finished product on to index managers for maintenance.
What’s in it for you : You will work collaboratively with multiple global teams on a wide range of indices and data across global markets and must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines. You will be responsible for gathering requirements, analytical thinking, compilation of business requirements, index development and documentation.
• Create and calculate new S&P and Dow Jones branded indices. This includes performing analytical research on companies to determine the composition of the index, adjusting data in our calculation system, and adjusting the data to conform to the rules of the index.
• Work on various other projects for the Index Maintenance and Production Group. This includes various projects concerning the clean-up of historical data.
• Coordinate maintenance of indices with operations group to ensure that the most efficient operations technology/database etc. is being utilized in the calculation of indices.
• Work with the technology group to further enhance our system capabilities by identifying deficiencies in index development workflow and quality control processes.
• Works with index operations to assure calculations are correct and timely.
• Assist in increasing automation to achieve operational efficiencies through technology.
• Clearly communicate with a variety of internal global teams to ensure indices are developed correctly.
What We’re Looking For :
• Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance strongly preferred.
• 4 - 6 years of professional experience in a financial services or analytics role.
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is essential.
• Professional experience in a financial services or analytics role preferable.
• Strong understanding of financial markets and company fundamentals.
• Superior computer skills in Excel, Word and related applications. Experience with S&P Capital IQ, Thomson Reuters Eikon, FactSet or other financial applications a plus.
• Experience in Python and VBA beneficial.
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner.
• Must be able to understand complex models and calculation algorithms.
• Must be able to work independently on multiple projects and coordinate efforts across multiple teams globally.
S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We’re the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 259487
Posted On: 2021-02-23
Location: Beijing, China
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race - ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.